Originally within the limits of Żejtun, this chapel is dedicated to St Anthony of Padua and was built in 1675. The feast of St Anthony is still held annually on June 13th with a mass and a short homily.
Small loaves of bread are distributed among the congregation on this day. Within the chapel there’s a small statue of St Anthony which used to be taken out to sea by Maltese fishermen. They lowered the statue into the sea praying and hoping for a good catch. And farmers used to lower it inside their wells during droughts.